Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Well, I don't know what it is but it's not marriage.

The central institution of human society from literally time immemorial is the heterosexual family unit. It is the institution upon which all other institutions stand.

In all of human history, no society has ever condoned homosexual marriage. Marriage is a creature of the state, rooted in culture. I can understand why homosexual couples would want all of the economic and trust benefits of marriage. But why marriage?

Why adoption? Why the propagation of the homosexual lifestyle in everything from popular culture to grade school text books?

Personally, I don't think this is a good thing for civilization because it undermines the central institution of our culture.

Just my opinion.

When I still see this kind of attitude, I really have to wonder. An almost 50% divorce rate amongst "heterosexual" couples in the U.S., wife abuse, child abuse(all increasing) and billions of dollars in defaulted, unpaid alimony and child care payments? Forgive me, but when it comes to "undermining" the so-called central institution of our culture, given the above, a very small percentage of same-sex couples wanting to marry is the least of our problems. Add to that that pretty well all of the industrialized world including mine(Canada), this is essentially a non-issue and we haven't "gone to hell in a hand basket".