Yes, of course. You make my points, but if you wanna feel like you're disagreeing with me, OK then.

White audiences left R & R, too, in droves. I had so many friends who were strictly Motown people. I never understood how they could survive on that. Once the politicization of folk made it into R & R, everything got more interesting. R & B was still about moon, June, spoon.

So, are you saying that the R & R of Little Richard and Fats Domino became "Motown" and African-Amercains felt through with R & R? Is it like when we white people used the word "def" too much, so they had it killed off.

It's hard to believe that not any black kids have bands. I mean, apparently they don't, but it's still hard to believe. Latino kids do, Asian-America kids do. Hell, there are even Native-American bands. I'm not talking hip-hop/rap. For sure, that is the dominant musical force for most young people, regardless of ethnicity. I'm just surprised that no one has tried to take it back, well, no one since Living Color. And I'm surprised that they didn't engender a larger interest, even just in New York.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.