OK, picture time

Get rid of the blue lines and you see my current setup. I have the display sitting on a coffee table 7' out from the back wall. My fronts are either side of the diaplay and about 16" off the outside walls. This seemed the best layout for speakers given the awkward hallway layout for the livingroom. I was trying for similar reflection points on the left and right walls for stereo imaging. In the end, the couch against the wall blocks a significant portion of the reflections off the left wall and my soundstage is not great anyway.

The grey box is where my HTPC and receiver are. Game boxes are under the display The big downside of this layout is all the cabling out in the middle of the room. Its butt ugly. frown All three potential layouts will see most of the electronics to the side of the room and will clean up the cabling a lot.

While the main objective of this is to get me a gloriously huge image for movies, there are two other things I want to do:

1. Upgrade the mancave to something more respectable
2. Improve the soundstage for music.

Back to the drawing. The blue lines represent the three potential display placements. The aquarium rack against the back wall goes no matter what layout I go to.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!