Retirement is highly over-rated. My father tried 4 times.

Projectors on the other hand... smile

My HDMI cable finally came tonight. I was beginning to worry that it got caught up in the Christmas rush. I also picked up a longer power cable and VGA cable (for computer hookups should my son end up at my place this summer).

Last night I cut the mounting rail to size, drilled holes in in it for the concrete bolts, marked out the ceiling and generally got ready to mount the projector.

Tonight was almost a wash out. Every Home Depot has the 1 1/2" pipe I needed and will cut to size and thread. Except in Canada that is. Apparently us Canadians just aren't man enough and stop short a 1 1/4". I also still don't have the ceiling mount part as I can't find it locally... or a working drill as it turns out (drill press doesn't count). Sigh, more shopping.

No worries though. I made supper and watched Passchendaele. Great movie, but no nausea inducing scenes. Still, tonight I felt the screen might be just a little big. I'll have to try a couple of movies at 106" to see how that feels. 110" is just so immersive though!

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!