Details, details...

Hate the details, can't let them go...

I think I've figured out a projector mount solution that will work for me. I'm leaning towards a Peerless mount that will allow for fine control of pitch, roll and swivel adjustment.

The Monoprice redmere cable seems like the best solution for cabling given that I'm not running it in the wall. It gives me good cable flexibility for connecting to devices and is well within spec at 30' using my special formula of dividing the marketing spec number in half. grin

Now I need to figure out the best way to run it. In re-measuring things, I realized that my couch will extend 3-4' into the dining room opening, leaving 4 feet of open space.

Why is this significant? I've been trying to figure out how to get that hdmi cable across the 8' of open ceiling in that area without causing cosmetic damage when I need to remove it (I figure I'll eventually move somewhere else), or having it look butt ugly.

I'm now thinking that the easiest way to run the cable is down the wall behind the projector and across the floor to the wall. I only have a 4' span where I need to drop something down to cover the cable. Its not ideal, but a lot simpler than running the cable along the ceiling until I get to the screen wall. It also means I don't need to worry about painting a cable to disguise it.

This should come close to matching my floor.

I still need to figure out what to do for an equipment cabinet/shelf, but I can use my coffee table short term until I figure that out.

I think I've got all the details sorted out now.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!