In reply to:

.. nobody else sure has bothered.

Sutter, meaning no disrespect, there any number of legitimate reasons why others haven't "bothered" to respond. For example, I have never heard the VP100 or QS4s, and I don't feel qualified to answer your question. I would hate to give out advice based on partial information, and have someone be disappointed by heeding it. If experience with all 4 speakers wouldn't matter to you, it would be helpful if would state that in your question, and ask for opinions based on what we've heard here. You will not lack for opinions from the members of this forum.

I always feel badly when someone asks a question and doesn't get much of a response. But nine times out of ten, it's because we don't have the wherewithal to reasonably answer the question, not because we're ignoring it.

Also, I would ask you to not be so quick to assume the worst of us here. I know that you've heard, over at the SPoT, what a terrible bunch we are. So I can understand you looking for the worst. But, please try to give us the benefit of the doubt, if you can. Doing so will go a long way toward providing the experience you want to have here.

Thank you.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton