I currently using M22's for mains, a vertical M2 as center and QS4's as surrounds. We couldn't be happier with the speakers-it's a great setup for music and gives us a great home theater experience. When I set up my system, I went inexpensive on the sub and receiver. (The impending arrival of what are now 3 month old twin boys made cost savings a necessity.) I have a 10" Dayton sub and an HK AVR130 receiver. This system is really working out great for us. A better receiver and a Hsu sub are in the works, but it will be a while. I think you'll be blown away by the M22's, they are just plain great speakers. The M2 vertical center turned out to be a great cost saving option for me. The recent posts about adding another M2 in parallel has tweaked my interest-but it is not yet a burning desire or absolute necessity. The Qs4's fill out the home theater experience in our room very nicely. I'm curious about how the Qs8's would sound, but the Qs4's are making us very happy at present. Hope this helps you out. My thoughts and prayers to you and your wife.

M22's, VP150, QS4's, HK 630, HSU VTF3-MKII