SutterCane,
I hate to be the dark voice here but if you like the sound of the M50's keep in mind that the M22's sound nothing like the M50's. I'm honestly a little lost as to why Axiom would point you in the 22's direction when you have been more then happy with the M50's? There is nothing wrong with either of these speakers but as a guy who has had both at the same time I must say again that these speakers are night and day in terms of the sound they provide.

...........and this is for the folks at Axiom not you SutterCane.

In reply to:

talking with several of the guys at Axiom, they all told me the M22's would be an upgrade from the M50's and would be far better for home theater due to their better imaging, soundstage and clearer sound.

That is complete BS! I have no idea why they would say that but they can list all the fancy speakers terms they want but at the end of the day, I don't buy it. If that is the case then the price of the M50's should be in-line with the M22's as they are a sub-par speaker according to Axiom. I had my M22's running as mains with a SVS Ultra for all of 3 or 4 day's before going back to with the M50's. Anyway, sorry guy's but all the comments against the M50's in here that come from Axiom are really getting to me as I don't buy most of it.

At the end of the day I went with M50's over the M22's as mains. To me they do a better job with HT and music.....The day is coming when I'm going to stop defending these poor M50's and just get some MA's and be done with it.