Guys:

My EP500 was doing a vibration-type noise coming from the port. I am not sure is exactly what you described, but in my case, I did pulled the driver out and tighten all the screws I found inside (I dont remember as I did this months ago, but I think it was at least 3 wood screws that can be tightened a little more), checked the internal brace above the plastic port for vibrations, and the tighten the port screws, including the ones at the back of the sub (amp plate). That solved my vibration-type noise coming from the sub.

I live in an apartment, and yes, as you mention, the sidewall sometimes does vibrate, at very low frequencies and at a moderate volume. Positioning the sub and adjusting the levels help reduce the vibration but it does not disappear completely, at least in my room. Positioning was the main factor helping to reduce the vibration.

I run an ICBM with my EP500. I use it to fine tune the sub levels (among the other things the ICBM does for the x-overs), so I can run the sub around 7-8 o'clock and the preamp setting at -5dB. The ICBM subwoofer volume knob is around 9 o'clock. Actually those are very conservative levels because the neighbors in the apartment complex, if I could go louder I will!!!

Last edited by aabouganem; 12/14/05 05:29 AM.