In HD-DVD's, these rattle the foundation of my concrete slab home:

"Serenity's" spaceship sub-audible intro rattles the china cabinet and it's contents, 35 feet away, in another room...the 3rd chapter re-entry is just astounding with EP500's 12" cone traveling close to 3" !!

"King Kong's" many scenes of gut wrenching, very deep resonant growling undertones w\fist pounding, earth shaking scenes...the T-Rex triple fight and many other scenes throughout with extreme LFE!!

"Phantom of the Opera" Organ pedal tones at the black & white\color transition in the 2nd chapter...Very powerful, Very Deep!

"Happy Feet's" chapter (in the middle of movie) where the wary Penguins are in the path of the moving Ice-Breaker...thought my walls were going to come down...many other scenes of dance, music and S. effects that are crisp, clean and Deep!!

"War of the World's" Alien Pod emergence from the earth, hold on to your hats....Alien Death ray and destruction, Phenominal energy at 20hz, hold on to your a.. (this movie in SD-DVD)!!

I'm sure I have many more movie\music examples of extreme LFE, but have only had the EP500 for one week...more to explore and discover!!!

For other references, try here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=755493
(Post #2 has Chapters & Time Stamps)

Hope this helps!

Ted

Last edited by Theo; 04/25/07 04:16 PM.