Quote:

For your jeans to be flapping and the house to be shaking did you crank up the sub volume quite a bit from its calibrated setting?

I can foresee some funny answers to this, but I'll ask anyway: how do you know if you're watching/listening with too much bass, especially when listening to classical and other music?

Admittedly, when I was watching LOTR:ROTK I had my sub calibrated at 90dB SPL and all other speakers calibrated to 75 dB. After talking with Sirquack about sub settings, I've turned my EP600 down to 80dB. I have to tell you though that my jeans still flap and my house shakes at low frequencies. I watched parts of Blackhawk Down again with these new settings and the couch was still dancing and pictures were shaking upstairs. I really don't know if this is what the sound mixer had in mind but I can tell you that this is not the effect that I experienced in the theatre with both of these movies. I do believe that what I am hearing and feeling is very realistic though and is not exaggerated.

As for your question on music, I have my cross-over set to 40 Hz for music and 80 Hz for movies. I also turn the amp's sub volume down by 3 dB when listening to music. The best advice that I can give you is that your bass should blend with the rest of your speakers and not stand out when you are listening to music. I spent a lot of time listening and tweaking to get this right.