Quote:

Many scenes in LOTR:ROTK. My EP600 is 12 feet away from my couch in my 4000 cubic foot space. The couch was shaking, my jeans were flapping and the entire upstairs was rippling! I was seriously scared that I would create a rip in the fabric of space-time

Hi,

I calibrated my sub with test tones from HT Tuneup DVD. Then I watched Black Hawk Down, and the sub was awesome. I turned it up a bit from the calibration setting, and I really felt it. The LMC-1 was at 50 volume.

For your jeans to be flapping and the house to be shaking did you crank up the sub volume quite a bit from its calibrated setting? I have been wondering: if the sub output is calibrated with an SPL meter (which is the case with mine), it's not that loud, even with the processor volume turned up quite a bit. Does that mean I am hearing LFEs the way the soundtrack mixer person wants me to hear it?

It seems like most people crank up the bass higher than calibration setting to whatever sounds good to them. What do you guys do? Leave it at calibrated setting or turn it up?

I can foresee some funny answers to this, but I'll ask anyway: how do you know if you're watching/listening with too much bass, especially when listening to classical and other music?

Regards,
Rodney

Rodney

Denon AVR-3312ci
Mains: M22 v2
Center: VP150 v2
Surrounds: QS8s v2
Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK3