Quote:

I put in the HT Tune-up DVD, go to audio tests, start the individual channel tones, LF being first. I adjust my processor master volume to where the LF channel reads 75dB on meter. Then I leave the processor's master volume alone and go through C, RF, LS and RS and tweak their individual "volume adjust" settings in the processor until they each read 75dB on the meter.

Then I do the sub, but I adjust its volume (I usually use the volume knob on the back of the sub) until the SPL meter reads 72.5dB.

Well,

My system has been here but not used, because I've been working on pulling the QS8 wires through the wall. Now they are mounted, no wire visible. Looks goooood.

Sat down again with the SPL meter, calibrated all speakers to 75dB and sub to 72.5dB. I thought to myself, I won't even be able to hear LFE, but I'll try it anyway.

I found another thread that suggested the inside-the-whale's-mouth scene in "Finding Nemo" for good LFE.

WOW! It was awesome. The sub sounded awesome and shook me awesome, especially since the dialog before the big LFE was pretty much LFE-less, and then all of the sudden that roar... Man! Rick, thanks a bunch again for recommending this sub. I am really really glad I bought it.

Now to the tweaking of the M22s for better 2-channel sound(stage), etc.

Regards,

Rodney

Denon AVR-3312ci
Mains: M22 v2
Center: VP150 v2
Surrounds: QS8s v2
Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK3