Wow... thank you all for the information (and so quickly)! I've grouped things into a few different sections for this next round of questions.

Room Setup:
Quote:

Your present arrangement has the mains separated by 5' or less and you're sitting about 12' away. If possible it would be desirable to have the two distances about equal. Would it be acceptable to rotate everything(except the sub) ninety degrees clockwise and have the mains separated about 8-9' at the edges of the big window with the seating being about 8-9' away?

Rotating 90 degrees is not possible. Would it be better to have the viewing distance equal at 5' (fronts separated by 5' and the couch 5' from the TV), or to have things equal at ~12'?

Quote:

Can you put the TV and main speakers on the wall where the couch is, and vice versa? This will allow you to place your mains further apart.

This is an option. The cable/satellite connections (and a plasma mount that I'm not planning on using) are located where the TV is right now. I will have to run wires around the room regardless of the placement of TV, so this may be a viable option. My biggest concern would be the placement of the surrounds to the left/right of a couch in a ~7' space... given a full-sized couch is ~7' wide. Wall mounting the surrounds is not an option. This may be an excuse to get a recliner for a totally "me centered" room!

Quote:

your present plan has you sitting too far away from the speakers for their separation. Also, sitting against the back wall is not great for fidelity... perhaps you can move the couch closer to the center of the room.

I was thinking of moving the couch about foot off the rear wall to help in getting the surrounds behind my listening position a tad. Much more than a foot really does cut into the room and walking paths. Would a foot be enough?

Speakers (mostly Sub talk):
Quote:

I think the M80s or M60s will do you just fine.

Is there a noticeable difference between these two? Would I be kicking myself for not going with the M80s?

Quote:

You mention that you thought the sub was overpowering in the Klipsch set-up. I don't think that is a fault of the sub itself, but more of calibration and placement. Do not be afraid of getting too much sub for a room, you can always adjust the volume down. I would much rather have too much sub, than one that is just barely adequate. Trust me on this one. You like action movies and hard rock. A capable sub is a must.

I understand. I actually told the person giving the demo no to adjust the sub lower when listening to music (that was the main time I noticed it), and know I can tone things down (that's not the reason I was going with the 350... more for budget). I'm not afraid of having too much sub for the room (in college I had a pair of 12" under my couch in a room a fraction of this size and it could have used some more bass without complaint from me).

Quote:

Assuming your apartment is soundproof, I would go with an EP500... For your sized room and with a sub, you could go for M60's to save some money. Personally, I would choose M60's and EP500 rather than M80's and EP350.

The room isn't totally sound proof (Condo is on the top floor corner), but the wall where the sub is placed is an exterior wall (no one is behind the ~19' wall). If I can keep the sub over in that area (on that long wall) I think I'd only have to deal with the people below me (which may be easier said than done). Is the performance difference between the EP350 and EP500 that different?

Quote:

For your room size, based on my experience and posts from others, you should go with no less than an EP500.

Would two EP350 be acceptable? Would a single EP500 be preferred over a pair of EP350s? (A note: I'd love a system with the EP600 flat in the front/center, but I don't think any of my neighbors - let alone my budget - would allow me to get away with that setup!) Would I be better off getting the M80s and a EP350 at first, then add a second EP350 if it's not enough... or is a single EP500 a better performing option, and worth going with M60s?

Video/DVD:
Quote:

If you're getting a 1080 set, such as the Sony LCoS, which has good scaling, the scaling of the player wouldn't be used and something could be saved there.

I am looking at the Sony KDS-55A2020 (55" 1080p LCD projection), so I don't know if it has scaling... but the Denon AVR-2807 does have scaling, so a less expensive DVD player may be in order (I do like the ability to read burned media though).

Again, thank you all for the assistance with this!

-Todd...