Hi everyone;

A little progress report on this project: in response to customer feedback and suggestions when we announced the computer speaker series, we decided that the best configuration for the speakers would actually be an external amp, which would allow customers to use the speakers either as part of the computer speaker package, or as part of a stereo or surround sound set up in a smaller room. That change started at the end of March, and required our engineers to go back to the drawing board, so to speak.

They've finished the engineering of the amp and the speakers, and I have the prototype amp (Amie, don't touch any of the parts!) and prototype speakers on my desk now and they're amazing! CDs and podcasts alike sound fantastic. Alan will be performing rigourous listening tests with them this month, and when he and Ian are satisfied, we'll begin tooling the amp and putting together the circuit boards. The amp will be designed in the style of the AX1400 amp from a physical perspective.

The system is going to be delayed until August at the earliest, so no luck on the Father's Day gift idea, and for that you have my apologies! We're really excited about this system - hope you are too!