Quote:

OK, what computer can't play mp3s or CDs?

A computer that's running "clean" because someone is gaming or using Photoshop or doing some CAD drawings. I'm just saying that if it had a pair or RCAs on the back, they could market it a little differently, that's all.... I'm not saying it's worthless otherwise.

I can think of a TON of uses for a little amp and nice sounding speakers.... the aforementioned office or bedroom system, or howzabout:

**a little sound system for a TV (not home theater, exactly, but much better quality than built-in speakers). My hard-of-hearing parents would love this, because they don't care about surround or complicated receivers.

**a nice quality sound system for trade shows

**a nice quality monitoring system for audio editors...one that can be fed from the computer as well as a mixing board through tape out/RCA input....

**a waiting room/reception area sound system for good quality background music

Again, it's a good product with just a minijack input, but possibly a much more versatile product if it has two inputs.

Not everyone will spend $500 for computer speakers, but let it compete with the Bose Wave systems and such that you find in offices all over, and it'll blow them out of the water.

But, in my opinion, the average Joe can't jury-rig this stuff. He sees an RCA out on his disc player, and he wants an RCA-in on this.... even if an adaptor cable is supplied. Some people want the quality of a rig like this, and MANY want the simplicity. Receivers scare them.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::