2x6, I do not dispute what you are hearing whatsoever. Again, you're going on the assumption that I have an insatiable desire to contradict you at every turn. In fact, I myself have heard (with my own ears, no less) the phenomenon you describe. My M22s, just one pair of speakers, often produce sounds that seem to be emanate from outside the area between the speakers. Even well off the the sides and behind me.

What I did in my last post was dispute your explanation of the phenomenon which I know well. When playing the right material, speakers are perfectly capable of throwing images around the room with no assistance from, to coin a term of convenience, "sympathetic radiators." Heck, my laptop even has an audio control panel where I can make its speakers simulate surround effects. Your theory works for you because it seems plausible. And judging by the beliefs you espouse here, plausibility is enough for you to recategorize a hunch into a fact. You probably haven't even tried removing all the speakers which you believe are adding to the total sound produced by your TV. That's who you are and you certainly have a right to post your beliefs.

When I disagree with you and choose to post about it, it is because I want the information passed on here to be accurate, or at least to reflect reality as closely as possible. I called out your theory -- and it is a theory -- because personal experience shows me that inactive speakers are not responsible for this effect.

That would be a triumph of experience over theory, would it not?

Last edited by pmbuko; 08/15/07 05:48 PM.