Quote:

Ted, if your comment about being "shocked" wasn't said in a joking or sarcastic mood...

Hi JohnK,

Well, to some extent of emotional literary expression...it was. However, my zealous support of the OA's (Charles) comments were generously made due to a very similar emotional auditory experience I had. We both exchanged out electronics (receiver to separates) and heard sonic improvements that were immediately noticeable! There's no doubt that this created a more enjoyable, emotional and live experience for both Charles and I...We heard it, it is real. The fact that Charles has a well-recognized and respected HT speaker System (Axioms) and I do not (except for the EP500), puts this shared "subjective evaluation" in better perspective!

I do agree that most perceived sound differences in electronics\speakers are closely associated to db level increments. I carefully evaluate any changes to gear one step at a time and at equal amplitudes. Electrical measurements, double-blind test, equipment interactions are all good and interesting things. But what I really care about is Your signature John, "Enjoy the Music, Not the equipment"!

And when singular equipment changes Do become quantum (may be too strong a word, but it Was substantial) audio performance enhancements, I have to agree with Mojo's reference to this Stereophile Sauer article, " God is in the Nuances "

Thanks for your opinions and point-of-view John. To quote Jim Carey, "It's good...IT's Gooooooooood"!

Ted

Samsung 67" DLP 1080P * 2-Axiom EP500 PSW's * Emotiva UT Series Amps * Acoutimass 15's 5.1 = WOW!