Quote:

Did you bother reading the article I linked? There was an entire group of confidant audiofiles who could not pick out the $12,000 tube monoblocks that was mixed in with a $200 receiver. I appreciate your recomendation for the Scotch, I believe you're also into wines, I'd like to repay the favour by recommending this, a staple for kids who came of age in Canada in the 80's.

I'm sure there are $12,000 tube amps that sound just like any sand based receiver ... you have to aim a bit lower, something like a sweet sounding Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15DT.

Yes, I am particularly fond of the Charles Shaw Shiraz (also known as 2 buck chuck). You just have to let it breathe a bit. Everyone likes a good concord grape juice, Kedem is an excellent choice.

Look, I kick back with a bit of Laphroaig and water, turn the lights down and listen to jazz on the tubie ... I can hear the tube difference, and I don't think it is because the fire bottles are distortion generators (thanks Alan), it's because it sounds ... sweeter, more like live music.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.