Then your comparative analogy no longer works Mojo. WPC or HP…. Both apply. The amp outputs WPC while the IC engine outputs HP. WPC is also a calculation derived from current (or comparatively speaking, torque).

So in other words, you can not use the HP comparison with the qualifier that everything else is equal. If you do, then you must also use that same analogy with the amplifier. And if you do, then what’s the point in continuing with this discussion, because the two amplifiers supplying the same WPC (with everything else being equal) would be two identical amplifiers. Two identical amplifiers dam well better sound identical.

Now you could assume I’m intentionally being argumentive, but I’m not. I’m trying to make a point that two amplifiers with seemingly comparable specs, could have two very different sounds. Same holds true with the engine.

I can absolutely guarantee that two engines with different torque curves, but identical peak HP, will have very different ET’s and a very different “feel” when driving.