Quote:

Proponents of the orthodox view seem to hold, and correct me if I'm wrong, that engineers measure every significant, meaningful characteristic of an amplifier. I don't know if this is true or not. Of course, an engineer can say, "you don't know if it is true or not because you don't know enough," and they would be correct.

The orthodox view is not based on measurements, charts, or graphs. It's based on the results of blind listening tests.

Our own Alan, himself, admitted to being a firm believer in significant amplifier differences until he participated in enough double blind listening tests to convince him otherwise. I haven't had the opportunity to participate in a true double-blind listening test, so it takes faith on my part to take his word for it -- along with the words of most others who have taken part in such tests.

I suppose it all comes down to a difference in comfort levels whether you choose to believe the words of those who have tested their assertions over those who have not.