Thanks for the compliment! In terms of hifi manufacturers that also have created HT gear, what you will find is that most design separate processors and amplifiers. I will toss some names out that I respect as audio companies, and you can investigate the prices. I know for a fact that some of this equipment is vastly beyond your generous budget, and would require that most if not all listed be surrounded by the best source, speakers and cabling...possibly well beyond most peoples means.

In no particular order: SimAudio, Bryston, Linn, Classe, Krell, Levinson, Proceed, Wadia, Parasound, Roksan, Meridian, California Audio Labs, Spectral....the list is very subjective and far from complete. These companies represent some of the world's finest (and most expensive) audio products. I would think you should look for something from NAD, Rotel, B&K, Arcam and definitely base choices on your list of needs and wants. Also, don't cut corners on the source(s) you choose. This is a critical area of a system, as I have discussed in many posts, missing or bad information from the source can't be corrected or replaced by the downstream components!

My advice, buy the amp as planned, ensure the source is quality, even if it means saving for the next component purchase or replacement.

Regards,

BBIBH