Absolutely, positively....maybe. Audio snob? I have never been accused of that before! But if wanting better performance and not settling for a product I don't think is quality, then sure...whatever you say.

What you're quoting is not "an audio snob" comment. It was the response to your asking me when I last had it in my home...as in " I have never actually had one at home, but have heard...". What I guess I failed to get in the message was that I have not had a demo in my home, but in a controlled listening room. Nothing offensive meant, and I apoligize if it read that way.

But you know what? I have always beleived there are good pieces available...and quite a few for the same
price markets as the mass manufactured equipment. Is wanting better than average a crime? Is it worth
working toward with an open mind? I stated the facts, and even my most basic premises are soundly based in terms of music. I have spent many years listening with an open mind. Do you know where that has led? To the belief that we all can have better equipment if we choose to understand the limiting factors and seek answers.

Thanks for the compliment about my intelligence. Self assured? Sure. Cocky? Some might say. Willing to settle for things I don't care for or believe in? Absolutely not. As I have stated many times....this is a subjective business. Do you believe your choice is sound? Sure you do. Would it make me happy? Probably not. But we have the freedom to choose and form opinions...correct? So why should I be insulted because I have an opinion? In my situation, I have the ability to obtain equipment I like.

Anyway, I suspect that we have gotten way of the original post. I would be happy to discuss equipment with you offline. I suspect we will never totally see eye to eye....but would life be boring if everyone did!

Regards,

BBIBH