Well, let's see....the original poster asked for opinions, I supplied my experiences and opinions. I disagree with you and you get on a soapbox about people who have differing opinions. Others provide opinions, and have you taken them to task? You defend your choice, which I can understand and appreciate.

As for taking heat.... well that is plain silly. I have defended my position with logic and experience....you have also attempted to do this, but chose to include insults. My wording my not be to your liking, but I do not pretend to be many, or any of the names you have pinned on me.

Let us look at the thread logically....
- a short list of equipment was provide and opinions sought
- several opinions were provided and discussion ensued
- differing points of view were displayed
- peatro said he valued my input, and asked about pieces in the next level, which I supplied.
- Alan concurred with a name (Arcam) on the list, specified he liked the Denon, and mentioned to me that NAD had issues...which I thanked him for and did not take offense.
- you posted that you preferred Yamaha, citing some names on the short list as the next step...presumably for you.
- I agreed that features were probably greater in the Yamaha, but not in terms of sound reproduction...especially in the budget was greater. Based on history, I supplied the best Yamaha music piece...a little insulting, granted. But peatro did not want a features discussion.

From that point it became a rational discussion from my side, and an insult laden barrage from yours. Verbal thuggery accusations? Actually, a quick read of the thread will confirm this. My posts are from a neutral point of view, indicating a preference for utilizing certain parameters as a balancing point ( the cable issue, biamping, biwiring, to name but a few posts I have responded to - indicating an issue of contention, and accepting both sides) Yours start out that way, but become condescending.

We are providing no additional "positive" information to the peatro....wonder what became of him?? ;)

If we look at the thread, we are not as far apart as the posts might indicate:
- I mentioned that the best music piece may not be the best HT piece...which you also agreed on.
- I mentioned the budget may allow the original poster to reach above the short listed pieces....you mentioned your recommended choice was a stop gap, indicating a move to better gear was in your future.
- I have preached listening, preferably in similar environments and with the same components as a means of deciding the best for a person, you have also said this in agreement. However, to state it MUST happen ignores the fact that some people are not afforded the luxury. Many posters have indicated this fact in their own situation....including the original poster

So from that stand point we agree on several things.

Oh, and the dealer I mentioned who dropped the product? The reason was a large competitor dropped their hifi section, and focused on the HT arena. While he did not want to drop the segment, he chose to focus on an unfulfilled need in the community. He was already a mid-hi fi dealer, so he decided to focus on this. So, to address your comments, it was not based on equipment comparisons. He already had the mentality of setting the environment based on the purchaser, and spending quality time displaying the products in a well setup listening room. He tried to build a relationship and understand the customers. The large competitor is one of large open spaces, with row upon row of speakers, banks of receivers, CD and DVD players connected for easy and quick switching. I am sure you can guess where any customer would get the proper audtion of the product, and not a 15 second listen to each product.

But that is a discussion for another day....

Nice chatting with you. I am sure we will cross paths on another thread.

Regards,

BBIBH