OK, time for an update here.

Microsoft customer support really stepped it up a notch on this one.

Depsite sending the empty box to the wrong place(twice) and having to spend an hour or more on the phone (cumulatively) everything went really smooth. Also The empty box they sent to the repair center made it's way to my house finally. I will keep it for next time my xbox craps out on me... IT has a blank overnight shipping label ready to go.

The first customer service rep I spoke with refused to expedite anything and I was going to be stuck with 3-5 day shipping 3 times plus a 2 week repair time.

The second (or third?) person I spoke with pulled some strings and got everything expedited for me.

Once They got my address right it was a really fast process. The empty box was shipped on wednesday, I received it on Thursday. I shipped it to the repair center on Thursday, They received it on Friday. Today (monday)they are overnighting a console to me from harligen Texas which is 26 miles from mexico. I will receive my xbox by 3:00pm Tuesday. The guy from fed ex said the package came from mexico originally so I may be getting a new console. (usually repairs come back from McAllen TX)

Also, While the majority of the customer support people had fairly poor english I must add that they speak English WAY better than I can speak any other languages....

So... it looks like I am going to eat my words about how crappy the customer support was. Way to go microsoft! (now if you could just keep the console working for more than 3 months.)

Also- I mentioned this before but I got a free wireless controller, a free arcage unplugged game (with 6 arcade games) and 2 free months of xbox live.

I see myself playing lost odyssey tomorrow night!

-David