Not to be a pain, but I can't agree with you on the bare wire issue. While there is much BS in the wire industry, copper - no matter how pure - does corrode over time when exposed to air. That is why oxygen-free copper is so heavily advertised in audio wire. Corrosion at the contact point – exposed wire – can impact the connection and resulting sound quality, especially given how small the contact points are with a bare wire to binding post contact. Beyond the looks, that is why all good wire generally comes pre-terminated with gold plated contacts and corrosion resistant solder. In fact, the binding post is even gold plated. Gold does not corrode, thus the benefit at the contact point. Plus, spades and bananas provide more surface area for the contact to better conduct electricity. It is not just that they are easier to remove – although that is a benefit as well. This is a minor issue in a surround, I guess, but again I ask, why put such a good 5-way gold-plated binding post on a speaker if bare wire is the only likely choice - which is what I'm assuming based on the feedback. (And I do appreciate all the feedback.) After spending all this money I guess I just hate to have obvious weak links for no reason.
I have never used Axiom before, and I am generally pleased with the physical quality of the product so far (have not hooked them up yet) but this sticks out as an odd execution of an otherwise well designed product. Just my two cents, I’m sure it will sound great with bare wire. And as was mentioned, spades may still be an option - I just don't have pre-terminated spades at the moment.
Thanks all.

Last edited by Zimm; 12/08/08 08:38 PM.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire