How increadibly eye-opening this thread has been! OMG I can't even count all of the beliefs I used to hold that have forever been turned on their ear! I feel like the rug has been pulled right out from underneath all of my former (imaginary) knowledge on audio, and the reality that I've been 'taken for a ride' all of these years is smacking me in the face just like when Neo discovered the fallacy of the 'Matrix'!!!

It couldn't have come at a better time though. If I was going to learn all of this stuff, now (as I am completely re-purchasing everything that I lost in the fire) would definately be the time! My search for the 'latest & greatest' audio wire to give me the best sound possible has come to a screeching halt! Off to Radio Shack I go. Oh, and the $150 dollar Monster Cable 'Surge Protector/Power Conditioner' I was eyeballing to replace the one I lost (yes, I hold my head in shame as I admit to lining the pockets of those over at 'Monster Cable' for the last 10+ years)... HA, it can stay right there on the shelf collecting dust until the next uninformed shmuck parts ways with his hard-earned cash on it!

This has completely reversed my thinking process on this subject. From now on when I'm over at a friends house checking out his 'Top of the Line' Hi-Fi system, the cheaper the speaker cable I find he's running... the MORE impressed I'll be!

Last edited by Micah; 12/13/08 09:27 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD