Well let me first by saying that I still did not buy any axiom speakers yet, and I do stress yet.

Anyway before work today I went to our local audio store, krazy kileys, to look at the Klipsch Reference RF-83 system, and the Paradigm Monitor series system. When I spoke to the sales guy he was trying to get me to buy a Sony system (speakers and amp) for around $1,000 CAD. I was not even going to bother with what was so wrong with low-end sony stuff, then he said “Oh you want better” that’s when he took me to the Bose showroom……

Anyway after 30mins of all that sales garbage he finaly took me to the Paradigm show room, he did not have the Klipsch Reference speakers that I wanted but he did have the Paradigm Monitor series on hand and they did sound nice. So he told me for a 6.1 Paradigm Monitor system and a Denon 3808 it would be around $6,000 CAD. To me that was not bad for the price, that’s when I brought up Axiom to compare the price and all the other tech. stuff. That’s when the lies started, well more then before anyway. When I brought up Axiom he went off saying the M80 v2 where garbage compared to the Paradigm and the EP500/EP600 subs where not worth the wood they made out of.

Of course after reading up and talking to the nice people on the axiom forum this seems to be not true, so I asked the sales guy how did he know about axiom and how they sound, that’s when he told me, “About 10yrs ago I use to sell them at my store”.
That sounded kind of odd to me because I always thought that axiom was sold online only and not to dealers? Anyway I just wanted to tell my story of lies and sales people that wanted me to spend 2-3k on Bose crap.

Oh and I just wanted to know, is $6,000 for the Paradigm and denon 3808 a good deal, I think it is ok but I think I could take it lower.

Why do sales people lie and get you to buy crap, I did not talk about the monster cables they tryed to push with the package because eveyone knows about that. Anway the hunt goes on and in a few months I should have the money I need to get my system.

Last edited by rage96; 01/25/09 11:42 PM.