Originally Posted By: rage96
When I brought up Axiom he went off saying the M80 v2 where garbage compared to the Paradigm and the EP500/EP600 subs where not worth the wood they made out of.

I've always found this type of salesmanship rather sad. Instead of inviting you to compare products (because they are confident in what they are selling) they try to instill fear into the customer by badmouthing the competition. I had dealers do this to me as well, when they asked me what other speakers I was considering. They would say something like, they look nice but...and then not really elaborate, or they would kind of make one of those faces like 'well, do you REALLY want to waste your money on those' just to get you off track. Dealers did this to me on different brands, including Axiom and Monitor Auds which are both known for excellent sound. Buying from an internet based company is becoming less of an issue, at least where co's like Axiom are concerned, and this probably makes some of the hifis concerned so they resort to such tactics.
To say the M80s are "garbage" proves this salesmans lack of integrity and/or ignorance of the profession he works in. Paradigms, are in fact, very good speakers...just not as good value compared to Axioms which by most accounts are in line with Paradigm Studio sound but at Paradigm Monitor pricing.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.