I too live in Regina and purchased my Axiom Epic80/500 system last January. While I didn't shop locally for speakers (because I was interested in a couple online brands) I did purchase a Denon 3808 from Krazy Kiley's last February. It cost me $1450 CDN including taxes in Feb 2008, and it was cheaper than ordering online.

At the time of the Denon purchase I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I had Axiom's. The Kiley's person I was dealing with didn't make any negative comments... probably because I already ordered the speakers and was so dead set on picking up a 3808 that he just wanted to complete the sale and earn some commission. I have heard--but forget where--that Krazy Kiley's used to sell Axioms many years ago.

However, in the past year I've been to a few other local Regina stores and the response I get from most sales associates is that Axioms are bad and why would I have them? Of course they've never actually listened to them. But also in the past year, of the 60 or so people that have listened to my setup 55+ of them really enjoy the Axioms paired with the Denon 3808.

I also own two DLP projectors and every time I go into a local store to look at TVs the sales associates tell me how bad projectors are, not knowing that I have them. For the ones I do tell they attempt to back pedal but just end up looking more foolish.

I purchased my 7.1 Axiom system in anticpation of blu-ray and 7.1 HD sound. Now after having a PS3 for 6 months and having watched many movies I'm very glad I made the purchase.

-N