Originally Posted By: JohnK
R96, clearly that salesman told you numerous lies, but as has been mentioned, Axiom did sell through some dealers until about five years ago, so that may not have been one of them. For example, Marc Hallam of the Audioshop in Ottawa was an Axiom dealer who was fairly active for a time here on the board, but hasn't been heard from in over five years. Some former dealers undoubtedly had remaining stock after that date.

It seems that after Axiom went to an internet only based company many of the former retailers (and their potential customers) have generated similar stories, the Axiom bashing routine, including the aforementioned by JohnK.
I'm not sure why this attitude has come about but i have yet to hear an opposite opinion from a 'former' Axiom retailer, that Axioms are still a good speaker from when they last sold the brand.

In any event, if you are interested in hearing the Axioms, there are a few people around Regina which may be able to assist.
Regina, SK - M50s, VP150, VP100, QS8s, M22s, M3s (NeverHappy)
Regina, SK - Epic Grand Master (Lexxen)
See this link:
This link.

Alternatively, though a farther drive, there are several of us in Winnipeg who would be open to having you audition the Axiom speakers, and even other brands depending on what is available (e.g. i have Angstrom, Tannoys and one other laying around as comparable quality).

Never underestimate the snobbery in audio.

Last edited by chesseroo; 02/08/09 04:54 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."