Hey guys, figured I would start a new thread documenting the progress of my HT (Mod, please feel free to delete the old one). My first thread was supposed to be about speaker stands but went into everything else and the thread’s topic is no longer accurate. So starting over here, hopefully you guys will enjoy seeing everything develop :). Here is some background info…

Just bought my first home back in September, it’s a cozy little cape cod in a great lake community. I was originally just going to change a few things, but it turned into a completely gut job. Nothing left but studs right now…lol. Being a major tech head the living room setup is one of my top priorities . The room is 11'x17'. It has a small fireplace and two entrances to other rooms, the kitchen and secondary bedroom. Originally it only had the opening to the kitchen, but I knocked down a wall near the stairs into a bedroom on the first floor to really open it up. I’ll turn that room into a billiard room eventually. Here are some pictures…

Original front wall...

Original back wall, there is now an opening between the front door and stairs going into the bedroom.

Removed cabinets...

Wall framed out to hold 65" plasma

New Fireplace

Electrical and paper model of TV so I can figure out where to run LV wires.

Render of the room. On the right an AV rack and m60/m80, on the left an m60/m80 and EP600.

So that is where I am right now. I need to figure out what speakers and amp/AVR I am going to buy. I know I am def going 6.1, with VP150 as my center and 3 QS8s as my surrounds. Not sure if I want to go with the m60s or m80s however.

Last edited by mikecoscia; 12/09/09 05:44 PM.