Originally Posted By: jakewash
If you can afford it, order both the M60s/M80s do a comparison and send back the pair you don't want to keep, or if there happens to be an M80 or M60 owner nearby ask for a demo and order the opposite set of speakers and compare them to his \:\)

My parents actually have m60s in the setup I installed for their living room (which is MUCH bigger than mine), so I could always borrow them. My real issue is powering the m80s. I really had my eye on an emotiva UPA-7 amp paired up with their UMC-1 pre-pro once it comes out. However it seems emotiva amps are hit or miss with the m80s.

So as far as options go this is what I am looking at...

1.)Ditch the emotiva amp and spend alot more and get the axiom amp in order to power the m80s, vp150, and three qs8s
2.) Get a high-end AVR, like a Denon 5308CI or 4308CI for the m80s, vp150, and three qs8s
3.) Stick with the emotiva amp and get the m60's instead of the m80s

To decide I need to figure out a few things... The room is only around 1300 cubic feet, do I really need a speaker as powerful as an m80? Will it sound that much better? Will the m60's with the EP600 be enough? Than of course to seperates really offer that much more over similarly high quality AVR?

I would really like to hear what you guys have to say based off your experince. Thanks!