Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Has anyone taken an Axiom speaker apart and inspected the cross-overs?

A fair number of people have. A crossover doesn't need to look beautiful to function as intended.

What I am saying is that Axiom should reduce the price of its current lineup of speakers - offer a slightly more expensive line of upgraded speakers using upgraded components and then a 3rd line of speakers which target the 'icons.'

They'll take that under advisement.

Further my first question - the cross-over in an M3 the cap and resistor cannot cost much. I have no desire to hurt anyone's feelings by venturing a guess as to how much those parts cost.
What do you think a 5 1/2" or 6 1/2" axiom driver costs? I have an idea, but again, I'll keep it to myself. The 1" tweeter? the mdf cabinet?

Axiom speakers are wonderful but basic efforts. There is no internal metal structure like in some speakers, but they get the job done.

I'm sure Axiom appreciates your tact, but I think you're operating on assumptions piled upon assumptions here. True, other speakers which cost and weigh a lot more than Axioms (and some would say sound better) do use more expensive components and significant internal bracing. The geometry of Axiom cabinets reduces the need for significant internal bracing. Bracing for the sake of bracing is pointless. It needs to make an audible difference. So do all of your suggestions. If the change does not make a difference that's reliably noticeable in a double-blind test, there's no point in bringing it to market. This is how Axiom operates.

Just my 2 shekels.

Two shekels are worth US$0.54, so you've already said too much. ;\)