The whole 3D revolution thing is really pissing me off. Not that I'm obsessed with 3D by any means, just by the fact that I had JUST went out and spent $3000 bucks purchasing my 65 inch Sharp because I'd seen everything else on the market... the Plasma's, the LED's, the 240 HZ LCD's... and I was fairly confident that I wasn't missing out on anything by going with this 60 HZ LCD. And then a few months later I find out they're changing the industry over to 3D... AARRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the same way when I bought my Denon, it had so many features I never thought I'd ever have to replace it. Then a year later HDMI took over and suddenly I was no longer up to date technology wise. I do like 3D movies. I can live without them, but I do like them. And no I'm not so dense that I think I could have bought a 65 inch 3D television for anywhere near what I paid for mine. Hell 65 inch 3D tv's will probably start around $12,000 bucks or so in the beginning. New technology always costs a fortune.

I guess what it all boils down to is that when I bought this tv I really thought I was set for the next decade or two, EASY! And now, IF 3D catches on as much as they're hoping it will, I'll be missing out on future television shows an the like that will be broadcast in 3D. Sure when HDMI first came out they just touted it as being 'an easier connection' than separate component video and optical audio wires. But now, if you don't have HDMI technology, you miss out on a lot of options. So while they aren't touting that 3D will be the new television standard, who knows what will happen with it.

And I thought my television shopping days were over! \:\(

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD