Originally Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki
Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Ichigo_Kurosaki,

The most likely problem you are having with your subwoofer is in the settings themselves which is causing the sub to receive not enough voltage from the subwoofer pre-out for proper output. That is noted by the -12 setting. It is highly likely this is the problem EVEN with the gain set to max on the subwoofer. Use the knob on the Ep350 and set it a little past half way and change your settings from -12 to +2 for the sub on your receiver and see if that makes any notable difference. If it does then we found the problem and we can tweak your system for proper calibration from there.

Should I change the position out of the corner then?

For now, leave it where it is when you change the settings. If you notice more output after changing the settings, then yes it was a setup issue and you can than proceed to try all different areas in your room.

Placing the sub in the corner might not end up being ideal if you try other locations. It is possible that it might sound "boomy" or "bloaty" compared to other placements and vice-versa. You might also have to make minor tweaks to the settings as well.

Let us know if increasing the pre-out level from -12 to +2 works first.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne