From my reading, no personal experience mind you, everything except the literature from the acoustic treatment makers indicates the bass 200Hz and lower is better handled with EQ than room treatments in most cases do to the size of the traps needed and the difficulty in targeting the offending frequencies only. Though I have considered using them my options are limited.

The three corners in my actual room are doorways, front door, arcadia door and bedroom door. Traps would block these. In the adjoining dinning room and kitchen one corner is the door to the garage another is partly blocked by kitchen cabinets leaving one out of 6 corners that is “trappable.”

I have inquired a couple places including here about the effectiveness of putting traps along the horizontal corners, wall ceiling interface, but got nothing very informative in response.

I would love to try some bass traps if I could get any feedback on whether using them horizontally would be worth the effort since traps should help the whole room and not just the sweet spot. However, I’d hate to put the money and effort into doing it just to find out that like dual subwoofers it doesn’t work in my situation. Luckily thanks to Sean I got off cheap on that one. And Thanks to Charles I know that EQ does work at least for the sweet spot.

Any advice or recommendations on traps is welcome understanding that for 5 of the 6 vertical corners traps would block doorways.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1