Originally Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki
I also think so. That's why I am going to run Audissey again. Another question. If I am not mistaken usually center speakers are supposed to be louder than the FR and FL right? When I get my other M22 missing if I set all of them to plus 12.0 will the center have the same volume as the others front speakers or not?

All your speakers should be equal in output. Additionally, setting them all to +12, is the same as setting them all to +0. Really though, they should be set to the +/- which gets them to reproduce a reference level signal at reference levels from your listening position.

That means if reference is 85 dB, when you set your receiver's main volume knob to -0, and you're playing a signal which is recorded at reference level. When you sit in your listening position you should be hearing a sound pressure level of 85 dB.

That's what the receiver's auto setup program does. It plays reference level signals, and adjust each individual speaker's trim up and down until the microphone is receiving the proper level. There isn't anything you can do to influence the proper level. Just make sure there's a clear path from the mic to each speaker, and that the speakers are functioning correctly. The receiver will do the rest.

The only one where you have any influence is the sub-woofer. That's because it has its own volume knob. What you should do in this case, is run the setup, look to see what trim value the receiver picks as correct for the sub. Like yours said -12, that means you should turn the volume knob down on the sub. Then run the measurements again. What you're looking for is to get the trim level between 0 and +3. You don't want to go hotter than +3 for the sub output if you can help it. Some movies with a lot of bass may end up "clipping" the output signal of the receiver if you're listening at high levels. I try to get my receiver to adjust my sub's output trim to exactly 0 dB.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris