Here's the same thing, only with more exact dimensions. I'm somewhat forced to put the divider wall where I have it, because there's a pole in the middle of the wall about even with the backs of the chairs. Also, the door leading into the theater room needs to swing into the room, because there's an steel beam and heater ducts on the fireplace side that would limit the height of the door to 6 foot. Also I don't like the idea of the door opening and pointing to the bottom of the stairs. That's an accident waiting to happen.

The wall across from the fireplace might be a good place to hang a few movie posters. Not sure where to put the popcorn machine. The alcove beside the bathroom is where I want to put a stack of shelves on wheels that will hold the AV equipment. There's a floor drain at the back of this alcove, that used to be for a shower. I may have to level this floor a bit with a sheet of plywood, cutting out a hole with a 2nd floor drain mounted in the plywood.

The ceiling is only 7 foot high. On AVSforum, I saw another HT with 7 foot ceiling where they built a small alcove next to the ceiling into the back wall. It would be easier if I could do this directly over the AV rack alcove, but it would be off center. Does the project have to be square with the center of the screen, or is there some adjustment that would allow you to place it off to one side? I'm thinking probably not.

I'm going to start a HT build on AVSforum, but am waiting to get a camera and better software for drawing first.

Last edited by CatBrat; 12/01/10 12:59 AM.