WARNING WILL ROBINSON. RANT AHEAD!!!!

My musical groups sang the National Anthem for years for the Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavaliers, and others. I am absolutely furious with the way our Anthem is being treated today. mad

Most performers use it as a tool to show off their (alleged) talent. They butcher the melody, the tempo, and now, even the lyrics, all in an attempt to draw attention to themselves. (My sister emailed me last night suggesting that Miss Aguilera be arrested for treason)

"It's not about you, you ninny!!!! It's about the United States of America!!!!! Disconnect your ego (for once) and honor the country by singing the Anthem as it was written. It is not subject to your rearrangement for personal exploitation."

Like the flag, it is a symbol of the country. I wonder what the reaction would be if, on the flag of the United States, I changed the stars to purple, and the stripes to brown and yellow. What the heck, it's still the stars and stripes, isn't it?????

P.S. We also sang the the Canadian National Anthem (we did a lot of Indians/Blue Jays games). Musically, I absolutely love that Anthem. Moving and beautiful. However, there is sure a lot of guarding going on. wink

Whew! I feel much mo' betta now. Hope I didn't offend anyone. None meant. I just had to get my disgust and frustration off my chest. smile

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton