Christina has a great voice. It's her "style" that's the insurmountable problem. Blame Patti Labelle and Anita Baker (Patti's far worse), for demonstraing how many trills and improv riffs they can squeeze between lyrics. To me, they are the progenitors of that female vocal-chops-show-off crap. It is a misinformed interpretation of Aretha.

(A commonly held theory among many art historians is that all of Modern Art is wrong, because Picasso misinterpreted Cezanne and everyone else just fell in (to the wrong) line.)

And of course, white girls are the big offenders now, ripping off "street" like "we" are so prone to do. I KNEW she was gonna "emote" all over the f'n place before she opened her target.

I can forgive the flubbed lyrics. I cannot forgive the National Anthem when it includes "yeah, yeah, yeah" and "whoa, whoa, whoa," which the egomaniacal little tart actually did!

And the next time one of them hits the note on the word "free" and then jumps up an octave, I'm gonna have to start ordering stalking manuals from Aryan Brotherhood websites.

Last edited by BobKay; 02/07/11 03:57 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.