As many have mentioned, this kind of damage has to come from extended periods in a high moisture environment or location. A few of the pictures looked like vinyl nicks as opposed to moisture damage for which there could be a few other alternate reasons. These nicks are typical of B stock speakers (the minor blemishes). The one picture that stands out is the obvious MDF blistering.

Our basement flooded once, and i still have pictures of the water line left across the bottom of my vinyl wrapped M60s and EP350.
There has never been any sign of MDF expansion or peeling of the vinyl since that incident.

Kudos if Axiom is willing to help out in this situation, but i'm on the fence as whether something happened to these speakers, either in transit (and in such case damage should have been reported upon reception of the speakers), or if something happened unknowing to the owner (if it were not for the water lines on the gear and a wet carpet, i would never have known our basement flooded overnight).

Unfortunately a damaged cabinet can certainly start to affect the sound depending on the extent of the damage so i would also be looking for a fix in this situation.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."