I have an original LFM-1 Outlaw sub and have been thinking that a few years down the line that I would like to upgrade to something with a little more extension and output. Since I don't want to have to upgrade several times I was thinking about getting an SVS Ultra 13 or Axiom EP800 or Seaton Submersive. But, I have read several articles mentioning that you need at least two subs to help smooth out the frequency response for all of the listening positions and even help smooth it out in the sweet spot as well. When you start doing the math, two of these about subs comes to over $4000, which is probably more than I would want to spend on subwoofers.

Then I started thinking well maybe I could get two EP500's or maybe two HSU ULS 15's. That may not be a bad idea, but then I read the review of the Outlaw LFM1-EX over at Audioholics and it was a pretty glowing review (for subs in that price range). I didn't expect the review to be so positive, with all of the tough competition in the $600 price range. So now I am thinking that maybe I could get three of the LFM1-EX's and I would have four almost identical subs (since the LFM1 is basically a half brother), and maybe I would be better off than even the two subs as a pair that I mentioned above. Sure I wouldn't have that extra 5 to 7Hz extension that I would get from the other subs, but I bet it would sound better in every other seat, ignoring that extra bit of extension. I found a good article that discusses this same topic.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/subwoofers-4-2-or-1-0

If I go with four subs do you guys think that it is a good idea to have the same brand for all four? The SVS PB-12NSD and Axiom EP350 are close in price to the Outlaw LFM1EX, so could I get three of the SVS's or Axiom's and use my Outlaw LFM1 and have them integrate well?