If i was in your shoes, i would not go any smaller than a 160 for that room... I have a 17'X18' family room with 8ft ceilings.. i had a vp150, and the 180 that i have now in my opinion is a better match... When you figure in your vaulted ceilings, you have much more cubic space than i do, not counting adjacent rooms.

In that room, i would either go with M80's or 60's and maybe a 8-10" sub or no sub.. For casual TV watching, a sub will add a lot of volume, and a lot of TV shows add WAY to much bass in the sound track's, i find it annoying some times with my system, the audio people are programing for the least common denominator, someone without a ep600+..... I am going to assume that you are going to have a cable box in the theater room? So, if there is something on cable that you want to view in "HiFi" you will go to that room anyhow.. This room is for family TV time, or what ever...

I dont think that i would personally worry to much about keeping all of the tweeters in line.. My center channel is on top of my 60" 2000ish era DLP... So, my center is probably 2-3' higher than my M60's, i have it angled down and it sounds find to me..

You could always do an incabinet vp160, and also use the vp150 and run dual centers... The 150 doesn't have any ports, so you could easily build a box for it as well....

The incabinet M60's are just over 15" deep, so you should be good with depth for them. The incabinet VP180 is 17 1/2" deep, they do not have the incabinet 160 listed. However, i think they are in production?? I don't think the 160 would be any deeper than the 180..

Also, Ian and Co. will be introducing a new speaker on the weekend of the 24th... i dont know if that speaker would work for your application or not, as we dont know much about it.. But i would wait before buying, or call and ask JC/Brent if it would be an option for this room... The new speaker is suppose to be "VERY" good...

Don't forget your camera/and or to take lots of photos when you start reno... Everyone here likes seeing everyone else's projects smile