I hadn't considered what to do with the floor under the cabinet. That's going to be an issue. This should blend in with the rest of the family room and not draw attention to itself. The wall behind the TV will be white like the rest of the room. My wife is ok with a large TV and floorstanding speakers as long as they don't draw attention to themselves like a huge black wall. This is the main great room in the house. It is not a theater and should not look like one. But, refinishing the floor will probably be as expensive as a whole new cabinet.

You guys are giving plenty of good advice and you have the most experience with the Axiom speakers I'll be putting in. So, posting here has been fine.

Maybe the best way to make this work is to build the base of a cabinet that mimics the bar and fills the floor space. That would leave room for a TV sitting on the cabinet and some bookshelf speakers beside the TV. That would leave me with upgrade potential down the road, but would limit me to bookshelf speakers. Unless of course I just put m60s or m50s on the shelf. It might work since the TV is actually taller than an m60.

Last edited by autoboy; 03/05/12 08:11 PM.