Originally Posted By: CatBrat

YA, but your special..... I knew you had one, but they dont have it listed on the website yet..... Did you happen to measure how deep it is?

Originally Posted By: autoboy
I have an SVS sub right now in my current family room that is turned off most of the time.

I was in a similar situation.. The amp on my EP600 was dead for about 4 months before i realized it (I'm in school and usually study in my bedroom)... When the semester was over last spring, i was in the family room watching something... and thought.. Hrm, something sounds off.... Anyhow, without the EP600, everyone was able to turn the volume up with out disturbing people at the other end of the house (me). So, for that that reason, i would agree completely with going without a sub.. Also, keep in mind, that 70%+ or so of the broadcast material comes from the center..

Many people on the forum, think that the VP160 would be a better overall speaker than the 180, because the 160 is suppose to have better off axis listening. However, the 180 will play lower than the 160. For that reason, in your situation i would get the 180.