Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Originally Posted By: CV
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
Being a former coxswain, rowing is my favorite sport to watch. It's easily the most difficult sport in the Olympics (particularly the men's 8).

You really think that? Try taking a pommel horse handle to the nads.

I think ANYTHING at that level of competition is at the same level of difficulty. Being the best at anything in the world isn't going to be cake, is it?

Well, Cam did have some personal experience with rowing, so it has to be "easily" the most difficult sport.

Peter, on a very basic level, a sport that relies on the precise synchronization of eight people, is far more difficult than the independent performance of one.

Try taking a pommel horse handle to the nads.

I was talking about performance. That's a mistake. But seeing as you brought it up, try "catching a crab" while rowing. That's when one of your oars catches the water whilst in your backstroke, thus swinging back and hitting in the chest or face (the force usually knocks you out of the boat).

Well, Cam did have some personal experience with rowing, so it has to be "easily" the most difficult sport.

Of the summer sports, I also played football, judo, mountain biking, badminton, baseball and lacrosse (the latter two are no longer in the Olympics). No bias, just informed.

Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
A moment of silence.

Why no golf, no baseball, no softball?

Baseball and softball were removed because golf and rugby are taking their place in 2016.

One reason baseball was removed is because of it's failure to be in strict compliance with WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency).

Last edited by Powertothepeople; 07/31/12 12:54 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.