I will not be viewing any of the Olympics, just as I did for our local games 2 years ago - my little protest I guess.

Given the world's dire economic situation where most counties are financially broke, I think that The Olympics have become a needless & costly white elephant.

Greece, an essentially bankrupt country, held the last Summer Olympics & spent billions that they obviously didn't have. How is Greece doing today?

Two years ago in BC we spent over $7 billion that we didn't have on the Winter Games - money that we'll never fully recover. Amazing considering that we are $50+ billion in provincial debt & increasing by the minute; however, we did acquire a nice multi-million dollar Speed Skating Oval Complex & Bob Sled Track that 99% of our population will never see nor set foot into. It's comforting to note, however, that the waiting list for a MRI procedure in BC is about a year - unless you're an athlete or some other elite of course.

The UK has now spent billions that it doesn't have as it too is an economic basket case - & look at the scores of empty seats!

I understand that Toronto is considering applying to hold the 2020 (or so) games - this with Ontario presently being over $200 billion in debt. Give your heads a shake down there.

Its time to rethink this whole Olympic thing. From the arrogance of the IOC elites to the constant widespread cheating including drug enhancement & doping etc, I believe that the games today are largely tainted.

Furthermore, there's the horrific security concerns with their ensuing staggering costs.

Sorry to rain on the multi-billion dollar parade, but it is sure an exorbitantly expensive reason to have a party every couple of years...

TAM