Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
I guarantee that the moment anyone first sat in a single skulls boat you'll tip over into the drink.

This didn't happen when a bunch of IT geeks I work with sat in a skull for the first time. As a matter of fact, not a single boat tipped over the entire time we were out on the water.

Peter, there was a group of you, so obviously there was assistance. There was also guidance by a member of the club etc. I was going to specifically state "on your own", and apparently should've. You can't just jump in a single scull and go for a row like you could a canoe. Even members of my crew had a VERY hard time balancing the boat beside the dock (our coach had to hold the boat steady). Most of the guys didn't like it.

Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Didn't happen on my day, either. Now, the big guys all thought they had to pull as hard as possible, and very few in my boat actually had any rhythm, but we didn't go in the drink. Thank god we didn't, since we were in the Anacostia...

Ken, if there were other guys in boat, then it's not a single scull. The more people in the boat (it's actually the more oar blades on the water), the less tippy the boat.

It's awesome to hear that some of you have rowed.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.