MediaMonkey is the iPad app to control FooBar2000. Sadly foobar only comes in Windows. I have tried to run Foobar via Wine on a KodiBuntu machine but I have not worked out how to get it to launch as a background service and have Kodi running in the forground. After 2-3 weeks playing with it I gave up and went back to windows.

FooBar is sort of like JRiver except it is free and it seemed to work very well for me. So I stuck with it. Also, at the time JRiver had a fully function Windows, partial implementation on the Mac and NO working Linux version of itself. Recently that changed but I have not bothered looking again.

So foobar is the player of the music, or more to point, it reads the flac file and decodes it and output it through the optical port on the back of my Zbox HTPC. It has a great catalog function and with mediamonkey worked great to find the songs by song/artist/album/genre/file directory structure. it didn't need me to read anything to figure out how to work it. +WAF

If I was to re-invent what I have working now I would look to the linux play system that they are putting in the AxiomAir. it runs as a background service and should implement far better with Kodibuntu. Dont remember its name and can't be bothered right now to dig through that thread to re-find it. Or it might be part of the kickstart page.. don't remember.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5